Covid Safety Procedures – What to Expect at Johnson Blythe Hairdressing in Hertford
The health and safety of our clients and team has always been our top priority at our Hertford hair salon. To ensure that our salon is as Covid-secure as possible, we have put in place a range of new safety features and processes to address the “new normal” that we all now face.
All our team have been fully trained in the latest social distancing and hygiene requirements and it’s our aim to make sure you look fabulous and feel safe after a visit to Johnson Blythe Hairdressing.
What Does the “New Normal” Look Like at Johnson Blythe?
On arrival you can expect to see fewer people in the salon than you are used to. This is because our stylists are working in shifts over longer hours to maintain the necessary social distancing whilst fitting in as many clients as possible. We have rearranged our salon, removing chairs to leave more space between them and only using two of our wash basins. We are also staggering appointments and leaving gaps between them, to allow for thorough cleaning to take place between clients and to limit the number of people in the salon.
All our stylists are aware that they must not come into the salon and should instead self isolate should they come into contact with anyone with Coronavirus, or experience symptoms themselves. Likewise, if you are experiencing Coronavirus symptoms yourself, or know that you have been in contact with someone with the virus, for all our safety, please do not come into the salon. Contact us instead and we will reschedule your appointment.
All our team have been supplied with PPE and you can expect to see your stylist wearing disposable apron, visors, gloves and masks. We are requesting that clients wear their own mask for their appointment. If you do not have one, we will have some available for you to use.
These are some of the other safety procedures we’ve put in place:
- All appointments must be booked in advance and we cannot accept any walk-ins. Please don’t come to Reception unless you have an appointment.
- Hand sanitiser will be available throughout the salon and you will be asked to sanitise your hands on arrival.
- We are using disposable towels and all gowns will be hot washed after every client use.
- You will be greeted by your stylist on arrival and will receive an end-to-end service from her/him, to limit interaction with other members of the salon team.
- Our Assistants have been redeployed to work on cleaning and disinfecting the salon between client visits, including door handles, cash machines, reception and toilet areas.
- We have invested in additional sterilising equipment and all stylists will have two full sets of kit to make sure they always have freshly disinfected combs, clips, brushes etc available for each client.
- We will no longer be offering magazines or refreshments, but please feel free to bring your own.
- We are now a cashless salon. Please be ready to pay for your service by card. We may also advise you in advance that you will need to pay a deposit.
- In order to limit the number of people in the salon, please attend your appointment on your own (unless you need to bring a carer with you). Please note that we are not accepting any appointments for children unless they are able to come into the salon on their own. We are allowing strictly one client per stylist at any given appointment.
Booking An Appointment
If you would like to book an appointment, please call us on 01992 568924. Alternatively you can email us at email@example.com or you can complete our booking form here. Alternatively you can book online for all services and all stylists.
We are offering our full range of services, so speak to Reception or book online. As well as complex colour changes, we also offer a range of simple colour services, such as face framing highlights, for those of you who would prefer this.
Before You Arrive – Pre-Appointment Consultation
Approximately a week before your appointment, your stylist will call you to find out about your current hair concerns and what you want to achieve at your appointment, as well as letting you know what will be possible in the time available.
Important – Change to Skin Allergy Testing Policy
We are updating our allergy testing policy to reflect the current situation and the fact that everyone’s sensitivity to the ingredients in our hair colour products may have changed during lockdown.
If you have coloured your hair at home or elsewhere since you last visited us, it’s important that you come into the salon no less than 48 hours before your hair colour appointment to get an allergy test done. This will take only seconds to apply, but without it, we will not be able to proceed with your hair colour appointment.
Thank You For Your Understanding
All of our new procedures have been implemented with safety of our clients and team in mind. We will continue monitor the latest advice from the Government and NHS on safe practices and will update our procedures as necessary.
We’re very much looking forward to welcoming you to our Covid-secure salon, and hope to make your appointment as pleasant and relaxed as possible! Thank you for your on-going support and understanding.
Helen, Claire and the Johnson Blythe Team x